Monday, November 1, 2010

It feels like I'm already waiting in line...

"He's moving like molasses!" - Hayden Panattiere (Remember the Titans)

Hey all...just a few random thoughts as I have been waiting to purchase Comic-Con tickets for over 40 minutes. This website is loading hella slow!  Anyways...

Parents with young children.  For pete's sake, and for mine, please...if your child is constantly talking during a movie in the theater please remove him/her.  I watched Megamind the other day and this nice family sat next to me.  About 15 minutes into the movie one of the kids starts whining.  Is it wrong for me to want to tell the parent to tell the child to shut up?  If an adult was constantly talking next to me you wouldn't have a problem with me telling that person to be quiet right?  Argh...it was so annoying.  I was able to tune him out for the most part but he would still talk during crucial moments of the movie.  Parents I understand that you paid good money for the movie and don't want to leave but it's not fair to those around you.  It was annoying.  That is all about that

Other random thoughts as this registration screen is STILL loading...

How was everyone's Halloween?  Mine was okay...actually pretty boring on Halloween itself.  I drove to my brother and sister's place and saw only a few trick or treaters.  Kind of sad because Halloween was so much fun when I was younger.  The only thing I did for Halloween was finish Fable III and go to my sibling's house to watch the Giants game.  Had some good food and that was it.  My Halloween came early on Thursday where I attended the Yelp Elite Costume Party in San Mateo.  This was my first Yelp Elite Event (YEE) and it was awesome.  I got to talk to a lot of girls and made a few new Yelp friends.  The costumes were awesome and the atmosphere was really chill.  Here's my review for the event.  Unfortunately I still haven't found my go-to date for all social events as my usual go-to is in Japan (miss you!).  Luckily I went with a co-worker and we had a great time.  The best thing about the event, the ratio of guys:girls was the opposite of Man Jose...lotsa ladies to talk to.  The next day at work we had our Halloween social.  I was kind of sad that not many people dressed up.  In fact I was only 1 of 2 men that dressed up.  That greatly increased my chances of winning Best Male costume, but I think I would have been in the running regardless.  My Samurai costume was pretty cool if I do say so myself.

Okay...we're approaching the 1-hour mark for this load time.  I'm going to run out of random thoughts.

I love the day after Halloween because concerned parents bring in candy to rot our teeth...I just grabbed a bunch of Nerds.  The candy, not to be confused with the nerds that are making my browser load for 1 hour.  Man orange flavored Nerds are the greatest.

One hour and 15 minutes since I started trying to register.

I love when TV shows do Halloween specials, and last week we got treated to 3 great ones.  Modern Family dealt with the Dunphy's trying to put together a haunted house atmosphere in their home, but nobody was really into it.  We got some super hot outfits from Hayley (shut up she's 18 in real life) and some hilarious stuff between Jay and Gloria about her mispronunciation of American words and sayings.  Not to mention Mitch escaping the second floor of his building dressed as Spider-Man.  The Office had a fashion show to win the coveted prize of the Coupon book.  Best costumes included Gabe as Lady Gaga, Angela in her slutty nurse outfit, Michael Scott as MacGruber, and Pam as Olive Oil.

The best Halloween special goes to Community though.  I don't think they'll ever top their paintball episode but this one comes very close.  They actually had a zombie outbreak.  It was hilarious.  The costumes were great, Abed and Troy dressed up as Ripley and an Alien, Jeff dressed as David Beckham, Britta refusing to use Halloween to dress slutty wore a cumbersome T-Rex outfit, Annie was an adorable Little Red Riding Hood, and I don't care what she says but Shirley was Miss Piggy.  This episode aired 4 days and I've already seen it 7 times.  There are so many funny parts of this episode, here are my favorite: the cat in the basement, the star wars "i love you" scene, and the return of Doc Pottery-wood.

Okay...after 2 hours I'm hearing now that they are moving registration to another day.  I would call this a colossal waste of time but I got to write in my blog so it wasn't all bad.  Okay then hopefully I can register with ease next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment