Monday, December 20, 2010

The Hot 5

Hello everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!)  It's time for me to list the 5 things I think are awesome at this moment, I call them...The Hot 5.  Let's get this monkey train rolling.

December/January issue of Vincit Magazine (VIP Coach Monitor: Changing the Game)

If you saw my last blog post you'll know that I wrote an article for the December/January issue of Vincit Magazine.  I can't tell you how excited I was to see my name in print.  It was truly a dream come true.  What was even more exciting was the possible opportunities that this article can open for me.  I'll be sure to keep you guys informed.  The magazine is fairly new so you may not be able to find it at your local magazine rack.  However you can go to the above link and pick one up.  Show me some love (I get absolutely no compensation for this).  Tell me what you think of the article.

The Lost Complete Collection (BluRay)
Buy it on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/24m4nlr
One of the coolest box sets I have ever purchased for one of televisions best shows ever.  This box set is a treat for die-hard Lost fans as well as those who are making this their entrance into the series.  Not only does the whole set feel extremely well made, it also includes hidden mysteries(!).  It includes all 6 seasons on BluRay as well as a Collector's disc specific to this box set.  When I found the hidden disc I was so amazed at how much effort was put into this.  I already purchsed seasons 1-5 on BluRay but I still had to have this, I think its a must-own for any Lost fan.

Nikita (Thursdays, CW)
Official site: http://www.cwtv.com/shows/nikita
Wow.  When I first started this show I was just watching to see Maggie Q. in revealing outfits.  Thankfully, this show has proven to be more than just a few pretty people.  Matter of fact everyone on this show is pretty.  Although technically a remake of the 1990 movie La Femme Nikita, and the 1997-2001 television series by the same name, the current Nikita is a whole new ballgame while sharing a bit of the same plot: convicted felon is taken in by a government agency and trained to be an assassin; the felon leaves the agency and vows to destroy them.  What more could you want form a show that has intense action, great storyline, interesting plot twists, and great characters...oh and Maggie Q.  The one thing about this show that I love the most is that the story keeps moving forward while still paying attention to character development.  Other shows tend to spin their wheels just to fill episode space, this show has characters dying, alliances being shifted, and major developments taking place all in the first half of the first season.  If you haven't checked this show out yet, you are missing out.

Community: Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas (NBC airdate: 12/9/10)
Official site: http://www.nbc.com/community/

Oh Community, how you have filled my television viewing hours with such joy.  I know I talk about this show a lot, but I think it deserves it.  This very special Christmas episode is another stand out from a season that has already given us a wicked zombie episode.  This Christmas special centers around Abed.  He wakes up and sees everyone is stop-motion animated, the only problem is, he's the only one that sees it.  The rest of the group try to get him help, and through a therapy session go on a ride to Abed's mind.  What we get is an extremely emotional episode, filled with laughs, tears, camaraderie, and of course, song.  The main thing I love about this episode is that it wasn't a one-shot episode where they are just stop-motion for a day, and then the next episode its as if nothing happened.  There is actually a story behind it and Abed's character is developed a lot more as we find out more about his mother.  I think this episode will stand among one of the best Christmas specials out there.

Mike Tolbert (San Diego Chargers Running Back)
Bio: http://www.chargers.com/team/roster/Mike-Tolbert/0fc7730f-4416-44f3-ad4f-fcca73da65c3
Highlights: http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-diego-chargers/09000d5d81cfa2fd/WK-15-Can-t-Miss-Play-The-Helmetless-Halfback
If you don't know me and haven't figured it out by now, I'm a huge San Diego Chargers fan.  This guy, Mike Tolbert is a beast.  Like All Pro tight end Antonio Gates, Tolbert came out of obscurity.  Everytime I've seen him run I have been impressed.  This season he has really helped the team out by filling in for 1sr round draft pick Ryan Mathews.  He's done such a great job that he pretty much stole the starting job from the rookie.  Not only does he run with determination and power, he is also a very unselfish player.  If you don't believe me just watch the 49ers game where he lines up on special teams, gets his helmet ripped off at the line of scrimmage and runs 60 yards downfield to try to make the tackle: helmetless.  This guy is the epitome of a football player.  Hopefully his heart as well as the rest of the weapons on offense can propel my Chargers to a Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment