Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So many new shows, so little time...

"If I could write you a song to make you fall in love, I would already have you up under my arm." - Mike Posner, Cooler than Me

Hey all.  So after writing that intro post I wanted to go into my next post immediately.  However, I got caught up designing and editing my blog.  Snazzy eh?  So typically I watch a lot of television.  I'm usually pretty resistant to new shows, and often times it takes me until 5 people tell me a show is incredible to give it a chance.  Lost was one of those shows.  This season I'm trying to be more open minded with the new crop of shows.  That being said I don't like watching too many shows while they're on.  I try to pick and choose a few shows to watch regularly as they are shown, and then the rest, depending on if they survive, watch when the season is over.

Here's a list of my must-watch shows (along with a mention of the hottest girl on that show):

  1. Community (Alison Brie)
  2. 30 Rock (Tina Fey)
  3. Chuck (Yvonne Strahovski)
  4. Castle (Stana Katic)
  5. How I Met Your Mother (Colbie Smuther)
  6. The Big Bang Theory (Kaley Cuoco)
  7. Supernatural (Alona Tai [deceased, boo!])
  8. Leverage (Beth Riesgraf)
Now this isn't a definitive list of all the shows I'll keep up with this season, but these shows I will usually watch the same night that they are on.  Man looking at this list is kind of sad.  Some notable shows aren't on it, mainly 24 and Lost.  Oh Lost how I will miss thee.  It seems like every show is trying to be the next Lost.  Flashforward tried and failed.  V never captivated me.  And now we got a new one: The Event.  I caught the premiere.  It was okay, a little frustrating with all of the flashbacks and overly convoluted story.  It might out-Lost itself.  But it did pique my interest enough to watch it next week.  Speaking of Lost, one of the creators, a Mr. JJ Abrams is back with a new series, this time he's back in the spy world with Undercovers.  I didn't know what to expect, but I just finished watching the Pilot and it left me smiling.  Great chemistry between the two leads, some good action and story telling, and some excellent dialog had me looking forward to the next episode.  Keeping with the spy theme, Nikita, starring the oh so sexy Maggie Q premiered a few weeks ago. It had some decent action, a lot of Maggie Q in awesome outfits, and a nice twist.  I was a bit disappointed it felt like a CW show, I was hoping for more.  But I might check this one out after Season 1 is over.  On that note those last two shows Undercovers and Nikita both have non-white leads.  I haven't seen a primetime show with a non-white lead before.  That's pretty rad.  Oh and the girl on Undercovers: Gugu Mbatha-Raw...so hot.

I recently watched the belated Arrested Development and really enjoyed it.  Michael Cera and Will Arnett are fantastic on that show.  If you liked Arrested Development you should check out Running WIlde.  It has the vibe of Arrested Development, but it looks like it'll have more heart.

A few shows I wanted to mention before I call it quits.  I am really looking forward to seeing Dexter return.  After that finale the show could change drastically.  Also, even though I have to wait a whole year, Breaking Bad.  I freaking love this show.  On the same channel as Breaking Bad, AMC, even though I'm not a big zombie fan I am looking forward to The Walking Dead.  From all previews and pictures its looking like a dead-on (pun intended) translation of the comic books (written by Robert Kirkman).

Wow I wrote a lot.  Hope you enjoyed my geekaucity.

Peace Outside,
Joel

PS You probably that quote was going to summarize this blog...it did not.  I just always have a quote in my head.

1 comment:

  1. Yeahhh you should always have Mikey in your head! You should watch WEEDS! It's my new thing! :D

    ReplyDelete