Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Love: An Outsider's Perspective

It's been a long time since I've been in love.  But most of my closest friends and family are well entrenched.  From observation alone I think I've deciphered the meaning of love.  Here are my findings.

Love means:
- never having to plan your own birthday
- never being alone on a Friday night
- holding hands while driving
- sharing bank accounts
- sharing debts
- forgiving each other for being stupid
- taking vacations together
- sharing lazy Sundays together
- giving up videogame time
- having ridiculous arguments
- waiting to watch a television show together, even if it means you are many episodes behind
- it doesn't matter who pays for dinner
- you have a lot of family parties to attend
- you go to visit in-laws in remote locations with nothing to do
- you slowly start to take up each others hobbies
- more home cooked meals
- taking care of your in-laws when they need help
- not having to buy each other birthday presents
- still buying each other birthday presents
- holding hands
- having complete trust in each other even during ladies or guys night out
- you travel miles to a different city and just sit in a hotel room while the person you love works for the weekend
- you have traditional food nights like "taco night"
- getting fat together
- getting fit together
- you get to dress each other
- you never worry about growing old alone.


This is just a portion of what my research has yielded.  I one day hope to find the love of my life where I can discover my own definitions of the coolest four letter word in the world.  Are my findings incorrect?  Which of these do you find true?  What does love mean to you?  And to my family and friends can you spot which of these is about you?


Much Love (really),
- Joel

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I LOVE this list, Joel-Sama. Wish I could add more to it, but I'll wait until I'm back in the love game I guess. Haha.

    ReplyDelete