Monday, January 10, 2011

Big Game Releases of 2011


I got this from this article of IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1140235p1.html

Everyone in the industry is saying that 2011 is going to be a HUGE year for games...I'm not seeing it.  Let's go down the list and see what games I will probably be buying this year.  And some big name ones I won't be.

January
DC Universe Online (PS3): Just bought it.  I'm not a huge fan of MMOs but its the DC Universe and I get to create my own damn character...that sounds awesome.  I got the Collector's Edition that includes a sweet ass Batman statue.
Little Big Planet 2 (PS3): Pass! I enjoyed playing the first one but I don't think I got my money's worth.  The game is super cute, but I had absolutely no interest at all in making my own stages.
Dead Space 2: No thanks.  The first game was pretty dope but I'm too chicken shit to play it.  I hate games that make you jump.  I'll watch my buddies play it.
February
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Xbox): Hell yeah.  Even though I suck at this series I am really looking forward to using some of the new characters: Super Skrull, Deadpool, X-23, Zero, and Dark Phoenix...count me in.
Killzone 3 (PS3): Pass.  I haven't played any of these games, as of now I don't plan to play part 3.
March
Dragon Age 2 (Xbox): Just pre-ordered it! I enjoyed the first game even though it had some major issues but its got two things going for it: it's made by Bioware, and they said they addressed the problems from the first one.  Can't wait.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution: No thanks.
Fear 3: Nope.  See explanation for Dead Space 2.
Spring 2011
Mortal Kombat : No thanks. Not a huge MK fan but we'll see how this reboot does.
Pokemon: Black & White: I think yes.  Gotta catch 'em all right?
Team Ico HD Collection: Hellz yeah bitch! HD versions of two of the most overlooked games on the Playstation 2: Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.  This is going to be great.
LA Noir: Maybe.  I'll have to see more but this one looks pretty cool and everyone knows Rockstar Rocks.
September
Resistance 3: No thanks. Despite one of my best friends working on the first game I still am not a fan of this series.
Rage: We'll see.  I've heard a ton of good news about this game.  I'll have to see more before I make a decision though.
November
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Oh hell yes.  The best franchise on the PS3 is back in 2011.  I cannot wait for this one.
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: You know...maybe.  I didn't play t he first Elder Scrolls but I did play and love Fallout 3.  So we'll see.
Fall 2011
Mass Effect 3: The sound you just heard? That was the sound of me wetting myself.  Mass Effect 3 in 2011? I don't think it'll happen but if it does you can bet I'm buying it.  My favorite game franchise of all time concludes.
The Last Guardian: F yeah! From the makers of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, this one is bound for greatness.
Batman Arkham City: Yes please. I was blown away by Arkham Asylum.  Now I get a whole a city to roam around in? It's on.

Okay maybe this is a big year for gaming.  I have nine games that I am surely going to buy and three that I might.  That is not counting the random game that comes out and wows us.  Alright 2011 bring it on.  I need to start saving up.

2 comments:

  1. Yo, Ima get DC online too!!! Its going to be awesome, I am going to make big boobie villians!!! Also Ima get pokemon too, so let me know mang!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was going to do a post similar to this, but you beat me to it! I'm excited for Bulletstorm, Gears 3, ME3, Pokemon & SSX: Deadly Descents. I'll be surprised if Infinity Ward can pull off a decent CoD game this year with all the drama going on. To be honest, I've gotten pretty bored with Black Ops, yet I still go back to it. O_o

    ReplyDelete