Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

"...she turns and says, 'are you alright?' I said 'I must be fine 'cuz my heart's still beating..." - The White Stripes, Fell in Love with a Girl

I haven't written in awhile. I have a couple of posts in the operating room right now getting worked on.  Been so consumed with DCUO lately.  First real MMO experience.  Fun.  Anyway I thought I'd chronicle some cool things that happened on my 31st birthday.

Facebook wall blew up.  I know its kind of an automatic thing where people see that it's my birthday in the corner of their Facebook and then send a quick Happy Birthday.  I still enjoy it.  It was cool seeing my wall full of Happy Birthday wishes from a variety of levels of friends: those that I don't really know, those that I haven't talked to in ages, those that I talk to once in awhile, those that I talk to frequently, and my closest friends.  It makes me happy that they took a little time out of their day to say something nice to me.  Thanks all.

By far my favorite wall post today from my god daughter: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NINONG JOEL! ;D I miss and looove you so much. ♥"  Almost made me cry at work when I saw it.

3 great meals and 0 dollars spent.  Woke up early and made myself a birthday breakfast.  It was delicious, probably too filling.  Then basically my whole department at work went out for lunch today at St. John's and my friend bought me lunch.  Thanks Lea for organizing and paying for my lunch!  After that I had dinner with my family at Cheesecake Factory.  Had a great kobe burger and even better strawberry cheesecake.  And not to mention saw some hot waitresses...yum.  Didn't pay for that meal either, thanks mom!  So much good food today.

Looking forward to spending time with my boys this Friday at Slice of NY.

Here was the soundtrack that helped me get through this dreadful 31st birthday:
Bone - 1st of tha Month
White Stripes - Fell in Love with a Girl
White Stripes - We're Going to be Friends
One Republic - All this Time
One Republic - Secrets
One Republic - Good Life
Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
Sex Bob-omb - We Are Sex Bob-omb
Sex Bob-omb - Garbage Truck
Sex Bob-omb - Black Sheep
Sex Bob-omb -Threshold
Sex Bob-omb - Summertime
Michelle Branch - All You Wanted
Mike Posner - Please Don't Go
Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

Stay tuned friends.  Thanks for all the birthday love.  I promise to make this year count.

1 comment:

  1. Love the birthday playlist, Joel-Sama! Your February and this year will be amazing and totally non-lackadaisical (LOVE this word btw). Trust! :)

    ReplyDelete