Sunday, April 24, 2011

Joel and the Retro Hotties

While going through my picks for this year's Top 5 Celebrity Hotties I started flashing back to some of the celebs that I was infatuated with as a young child.  These are not from any particular era, just some ladies I that I thought were gorgeous back in the day.  Mind you, I will be dating myself.  And if you are too young to remember most of these women...fuck you.  Haha...just kidding I love you.  I started with just 5, but realized that I had to add 5 more.  Let's take a trip in the Way Back Machine shall we?

10. Debbie Gibson (Pop star)

I think I started liking her because my older brother liked her and had her singles.  She was Britney Spears before Birtney Spears...except she wore more women's blazers with shoulder pads.  I don't remember much about her except everyone complained about her nose.  I thought it looked fine.  I can't sing or remember any of her songs though.

9. Heather Thomas (Fall Guy)

I didn't watch this show at all.  I think my uncled loved this show (along with CHiPs and Magnum PI).  I just remember the hot blonde.  My brother (again a big influence) had a door-sized poster of Heather Thomas.  The picture above.  I remember looking at it and thinking...what's she so surprised about? And also...who the hell gave her a towel?

8. Gadget (Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers)

Yeah say what you will but Gadget was hot.  Haha.  She was curvy, had big ears, and knew her way around tools, it's no wonder Chip n' Dale always fought over her affections.  Too bad she was only about 1 foot tall.  I hoped I could maybe be shrunk down to size so I could hook up with her.

7. Michelle Thomas (Myra Monkhouse from Family Matters)
The curvaceous girlfriend of Steve Urkel, Myra Monkhouse, was one of the hotter members of the TGIF family.  Unfortunately her advances never really went anywhere as Steve was always smitten with Laura Winslow.  I have no clue why.  Unfortunately Michelle Thomas passed away in 1998 due to cancer.  She was a very beautiful actress and I'm proud to have her on this list.

6. Lori Loughlin (Aunt Becky from Full House)

Oh Aunt Becky.  It must have been hard for DJ and Stephanie to compete with any guys with Aunt Becky always around.  She tied down Jesse Katsopolis early on and became a permanent fixture of this show.  She had a very pretty face, a nice frame, and most of all she seemed like a really nice person.  Well she'd have to be to put up with all of Jesse's nonsense.

5. Heather Langenkamp (Just the Ten of Us/Nightmare on Elm Street)

I used to love the Growing Pains spinoff Just the Ten of Us.  I'm not sure why, might've had something to do with all of the cute girls on that show.  My favorite of them all was the hardcore religious nut Marie Lubbock.  I'm not sure f I started liking her on this show or from her appearance on Nightmare on Elm Street, but I remember finding her extremely attractive.  Although she stopped Freddy from invading her dreams (until part 3 where she got pwnd) I would always welcome her into mine.

4. Tiffany Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski from Saved by the Bell)

Kelly Kapowski.  She was the hottest thing going when Saved by the Bell was on.  She was personified hotness.  Let's see: cheerleader - check, smoking hot bod - check, beautiful face - check, wore spandex pants - check.  Kelly Kapowski was THE girl, and most importantly, she did it without being blonde.  She remained hot, I'd say got even hotter, when she added some weight and got thick  What's she up to now?  Making guest appearances in my dreams.

3. Christine Lakin (Al from Step by Step)

One of my first crushes not influenced by my older brother.  I remember thinking Al, the tough tomboy of the Lamber family, was extremely cute, before she became all girly.  I think we were about the same age, so I thought I had a shot at her if we ever met.  Oh the fantasies I had...I would dream about taking her to that amusement park they were at in the intro (with the fake ass beach) and winning her stuffed animals.  Haha.  She only got hotter as the show went along.  I used a more recent picture of her because a picture of her as a kid wearing overalls would be creepy.  But as creepy as a couple of cartoon characters? Who knows.

2. April O'neil (TMNT)

Something about that yellow jumpsuit just did it for me.  She had the short haircut, was on the news, and hung out with 4 green guys.  What a gal!  I wanted to take her to the back of turtle van and show her bo staff.  Haha.  Not really, I think I was too young to have such awesome thoughts.  I just thought she was pretty, and had a very curvy body for a cartoon character.  The original movie version of April was a bit of a disappointment, but the second and third movie version (same girl) of April was pretty hot.

1.  Paula Abdul (Pop star/former Laker girl)

She had me when she started dancing with the cartoon cat.  Paula Abdul had some great hits including but not limited to: Cold Hearted Snake, Forever Your Girl, Straight Up, Rush, and Opposites Attract.  In hindsight Opposites Attract is not that great of a song, the video was just rad.  The others however still stand the test of time, and will find themselves on my playlists from time to time.  I thought she was gorgeous.  She had a very pretty face, was kinda thick, and she could dance like crazy.  I think my first boner was to the Cold Hearted Snake video.  I think she was wearing a pilots hat of some kind.  Haha.

That's my list.  What'd you think?  Who were your retro crushes while you were growing up?  Let me know.  Stay tuned for Joel's Top 5 Celebrity Hotties.

No comments:

Post a Comment