Sunday, April 3, 2011

WonderCon 2011 Day 2

Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
Saturday April 2, 2011

Day 2: Thunder-Thunder--Thunder--Thunder Cats Ho!
For Day 2 I decided to take the BART with my little brother, Jay.  It was a pretty quick ride, about an hour and it let out right inside the Westfield mall in SF, which is right next to the Moscone Center.  Upon arrival I noticed a much larger amount of people in attendance.  On the downside that meant it was a lot more crowded, but on the upside that meant there were a lot more awesome costumes.








I get in and start wandering the floor by myself trying to plan out the items I want to buy.  I came in with a set amount of cash and I was determined to leave with my wallet empty...and I pretty much did.  I spent most of my money at the Graphitti Designs booth where I bought the WonderCon shirt, 2 Green Lantern Rings, a Green Lantern shirt, and a Monroeville Zombies shirt.  I also picked up a belated birthday gift for my friend in Artist's Alley.  It was a beautiful piece of art by artist Britney Lee (http://britsketch.blogspot.com/).  I couldn't leave WonderCon without buying a few figures so instead of my usual Bleach figures I picked up a couple of MegaMan ones.  If you've never bought a Japanese figure like this before, from what I can tell it seems like they treat them like trading cards.  You buy a box and you don't know which figure you're getting.  I was fearing  ending up with Roll, but luckily I got MegaMan X and Bass.  Not bad at all.  I also picked up a Lion-O figure which looks pretty wicked.

After all was said and done I was still in the mood to do some shopping.  I went online and bought 3 awesome Bishoujo Statues via Amazon.  Check them out:




Well that's about it for WonderCon.  I don't have enough energy to make it on Sunday but be sure to check back here when I write about my experience at my first ever Comic Con in San Diego in July.  Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment